- Material: PC
- Specification: GB; ISO
- Trademark: FST
- Origin: China
Specific gravity: 1.18-1.20g/cm3
Moulding shrinkage: 0.5-0.8%
Moulding temperature: 230-320C
Drying condition: 8 hours under 110-120C
Usage temperature: -60~120C
PC is characterized by high transparency, high impact resistance, high hardness, high creep-resistance, excellent dimensional stability, good resistance to low-temperature and heat, flame retardance, ease to process, and excellent sound insulation
This series have high impact resistance and stiffness, good dimensional stability
Good heat resistance.
High impact strength, shape stable, colourless, transparent, easy dying, electric insulation, corrosion resistance, wear resistance are good. However, poor self-lubricating, with tendency to stress cracking, high temperature easily hydrolyzed, poor compatibility with other resins. PC is suitable for making instrument small parts, insulating and transparent parts and impact-resistant parts.
PC usually is made into products by injection molding, extrusion, coining, blow molding, thermoforming, printing, adhesive, coating and machining, the most important processing method is injection molding.
1. PC is made into large bulb shade, protective glass, the right and left eyepiece tube of optical instruments. Also, it is used as the transparent materials in plane.
2. PC is good insulation, made into insulated connector, coil frame, tube socket, insulating sleeve, telephone housing and parts, miner's lamp battery shell. Also, it is used to make fine parts of communication equipment, such as CD-ROM, telephone, computer, video recorder, telephone switches, signal relay. The PC film is used for capacitors, insulation foreskin, recorder, color video tape. Etc
3. Machinery and equipment-PC is suitable for gear, rack, worm, bearings, cams, bolts, crank, ratchet, also suitable for machinery and equipment housings, covers and frames.
4. PC can be made into cap, tube, bottle and dental equipment, drug containers and surgical instruments. Even be used as an artificial kidney, artificial lung and other artificial organs.
5. For architectural, PC can be made into Double-wall hollow bars, glass of greenhouse. For textile industry, PC is suitable for making bobbin, textile machine bearing. For daily, PC is good material can be made into tableware, toys and models.
1. Optical grade:
The highest flow and purest PC grade. It is mainly applied in VCD, CD-ROM, DVD ROM and other products. It may also be used in PC compounds as the flowing modifier.
2. General purpose:
Good balance ability, which is used widely such as transparent items required higher strength and heat-resist.
The highest flow ability, which is mainly used in complicated design and thinner material application.
Higher viscosity, which can be used in sheet-extrusion and stringent strength demand such as goggles...Etc.
3. Flame retardant grade
The general purpose grade, which have been confirmed by UL 94 2.5 mm V-2.
4. UV-stabilized grade
Weather resistance of general purpose PC is adequate for most indoor applications. However, for stringent and outdoor application, the UV-stabilized grade PC is recommended.